Pawtucket Public Library Closed Beginning
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Until Further Notice
In light of the current health crisis involving COVID-19, all libraries statewide have received information from the RI Department of Health that all public libraries close beginning the week of March 16-22, 2020.
Following the Governor’s and Mayor’s declaration of a State of Emergency and the Pawtucket Public Library will be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
During the closure the following policies will be in place:
- All programs, classes and meeting room reservations are cancelled.
- The Bookmobile will be off the road during this time.
- Patrons are asked to keep all library materials at home until the library re-opens.
- Due dates for materials will be automatically extended.
- Any overdue fines will be waived.
- Expiration dates on library cards will also be extended.
Stay connected with us by following the Pawtucket Library on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have any questions you can call the library at 401-725-3714 between 9 am and 5 pm on weekdays. You can also contact us through Live Chat located on our webpage.
Please note: THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED AND NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The Pawtucket Library's online services will be available 24/7 from the library's website at www.pawtucketlibrary.org:
- Ezone - Borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks
- Tutor.com - Get help from a live tutor online for grades K to College
- Learning Express - Practice tests, workforce & educational training
- Tumblebooks - Online picture and chapter books for kids
- Askri.org -Rhode Island's Statewide Reference Resource Center of Databases
For reliable and up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Rhode Island please visit the Rhode Island Department of Health's website at https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all pull together as a community to get through this difficult time.
Reliable information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)