You may now apply for your U.S. passport at the Pawtucket Public Library’s Passport Acceptance Facility. We offer complete passport services.
Please call (401) 725-3714, ext. 212 to make an appointment. If there is no answer, please leave a message with your name and phone number. A passport agent will return your call to set up an appointment.
You must apply for a passport in person.
- What hours is the Passport Acceptance Facility open?
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:00pm to 8:30pm and Saturday from 1:00pm to 4:30pm.
- What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to bring proof of ID, such as a driver’s license; proof of U.S. citizenship, such as an original or certified birth or naturalization certificate, or a previous U.S. passport; and the appropriate fees.
You will need to bring two checks or money orders. The Library does not accept cash or credit cards.
- Can I have my passport photo taken at the Library’s Passport Acceptance Office?
Yes, we take passport photos. The charge is $10.00.
CHILDREN (Age 15 and under):
Both parents (or the child’s legal guardians) must appear with the child and present the following:
- Evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship, such as an original birth certificate;
- Evidence of the child’s relationship to parents (original birth certificate); and
- Parents’ government-issued ID (such as driver’s license).
Please visit www.travel.state.gov and go to “Passports for Minors” for more information.
- Routine Delivery (up to 18 weeks):
The cost of a passport for adults (16 years of age or older) is $145.
This is payable in two checks or money orders of $110 and $35.
The cost of a passport for a child (15 years of age or under) is $115.
This is payable in two checks or money orders of $80 and $35.
- Expedited Delivery (up to 12 weeks):
For adults 16 and older, the cost is $205, payable in two checks or money orders of $170.00 and $35.
(To include overnight return delivery, the payments are $187.56 and $35.)
For children 15 and under, the cost is $175, payable in two checks or money orders of $140 and $35.
(To include overnight return delivery, the payments are $157.56 and $35.)
- Passport cards:
For the fees for passport cards, and for all other questions, please visit
the State Department website: www.travel.state.gov for complete information.