In an attempt to Go Green and Save the Trees,
the Pawtucket Children’s library will be reducing
the amount of paper generally used during
the summer reading program by offering
the summer reading program online.
Summer Reading Program runs
from June 22, 2019 to August 21, 2019
- Register and login your progress online.
- Enter the amount of TIME spent reading.
- Here is a reading log that you can print out and use to organize your reading.
- Pick up your prizes and museum passes (your account keeps track of what you have earned) any time the library is open.
- You will receive a prize after every FOUR hours.
- Read 12 (or more) hours to complete your summer contract.
- When all 12 or more hours have been completed, come to the Children’s Library to receive a certificate, 2 free books, headphones, and a raffle ticket for completers’ raffle.
- End of Summer The Rainbow Beard Band Show (Wednesday, August 21st @ 6pm) will have the raffles that the child DOES NOT need to be present to win.
Infants (ages 0 to 2), Toddlers (ages 2 to 3),
Pre-school (4 to 5) and Alternative Learners
For children who don’t read independently (yet!)
- There is no online component for the Pre-School/Alternative Learning Summer Reading Program.
- Children will receive a special activity-reading log with 21 fun reading activities! Here is the Pre-School/Activity log.
- Many of these activities are done during our pre-school reading classes. Check the library’s Calendar for days and times.
- Schedule of free summer programs and events for children.
- Come to the library up to 3 separate times to report on how many activities have been completed and receive a treasure box prize and Park & Museum passes.
- When all 21 activities have been completed, come to the Children’s Library to receive a certificate, 2 free books, and a stuffed animal.
- Finale Raffle will take place after the Rainbow Beard Show on Wednesday, August 21st (show starts at 6:00pm). Winner does not need to be present to win.
Looking for reading suggestions?
*If you read 3 or more nominees from either group,
you will get to vote in 2020 for your favorite title!