Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Policy:
- Pawtucket Public Library’s meeting rooms are available free of charge to non-profit organizations, except as noted in rule 3, for meetings of an educational, cultural, or civic nature that are held during library hours of operation. This is provided that no admission fee is charge, meetings are open to the public, and bookings of the rooms are limited to 26 per fiscal year. In the case of educational classes the room is free as long as the teacher receives no financial compensation. Meeting rooms are not available for social purposes, the benefit of private individuals, commercial purposes, fund-raising, or when, in the judgment of the Library Director, any disorder is likely to occur. Library facilities can not be used for illegal activities.
- All rooms must be reserved, at least a week in advance, by calling or visiting the Library Director’s Office, Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 9:00–4:30 p.m.
- All groups are required to leave meeting areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition. This is not the responsibility of the custodian. A vacuum cleaner is available from the Circulation Department. If the room is not left in a clean and orderly condition, the organization will not be allowed to use meeting rooms in the future. Use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. (No refreshments or beverages will be provided by the library). The library will not provide storage space for groups using the facilities. All groups are responsible for setting up their own tables and chairs unless a previous arrangement has been made with the library’s administration.
- Because of the wear and tear on the library’s facilities by groups serving refreshments, there will be a charge for groups who serve food at their meetings. Food can only be served in the Auditorium.
- $10 charge for a group serving beverages and/or finger foods (donuts, pastry or hors d’oeuvres) per meeting. For groups meeting more than once a month, a onetime cost of $100 may be charged.
- $25 charge per use for groups serving hot foods or a buffet.
- A check payable to Pawtucket Public Library should be delivered to the Director’s Office one week in advance of the meeting. The group responsible must pay for any damage to library property.
- The person signing the attached form assumes full responsibility for the group, agreeing to pay all charges for damages.
- Permission for any group to use the meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement of that group’s philosophy or objectives by the Pawtucket Public Library. No implications can be made through written material or media relations that the Pawtucket Public Library is sponsoring the event.
- The public areas of the library may not be used for programs during regular library hours, unless the programs are co-sponsored by the library and the size of the audience requires a larger area than the auditorium.
- Decisions as to the use of the meeting rooms by any group or individual will be made by the library director and/or the library’s Board of Trustees.
For morning meetings or programs, please note that no one will be allowed into the building until 9:00 AM.
IMPORTANT: Submitting a meeting room request form does not mean that a room is available for your date and time and was booked. We will reply to your request once we have checked the library calendar for room availability.